At least now we know..
1. The Great Wall of China is the only man-made formation which visible from space – Not true. In fact, there is nothing man made that can be seen, even the Great Wall, by the time you are a few thousand miles away from the earth.
2. No two countries with MacDonald’s franchises have ever fought each other in a war – Not true. This is just pure marketing stunt for the fast food outlet. There are several instances that debunked such claim. Russia and Georgia recently went for each other’s throat, and Israel and Lebanon had their own share of skirmishes.
3. Polar Bears are always left-handed. Not true. Where this silly idea came from, nobody is sure by now. This misnomer is even perpetuated in a lot of Google results. In reality, Polar bears are ambidextrous. This has been proven by a lot of scientific studies.
4. NASA is the inventor of the DustBuster. Not true. In fact, how do you vacuum dust in a vacuum? Obviously, you don’t! The real story about the DustBuster is that Black and Decker actually teamed up with NASA to develop another tool, the battery-operated drill. The technology for this device was then adopted in the design and development of the DustBuster.
5. You can buy a product at the posted price even if it is found later to be erroneous by the shop owner – Not true. This is a nefarious practice by some to get consumers to buy their products by posting a price which is not the actual selling price.
6. One year of a dog’s life is equivalent to seven years of human’s – Not true. This is again pure hogwash. The numbers don’t add up. The average life expectancy of humans us 78 while the life expectancy of dogs ranges between 6 to 13 years.
7. Elephants are the mammals that don’t have the capability to jump – Not true. We define jumping as the state of position where all four feet are off the ground after being propelled from a stationary position. There are actually other mammals that join the elephant under this category. These include the sloth, rhino and the hippopotamus.
8. Folding a paper in half for more than seven times is physically impossible – Not true. Actually, we might easily accept this as fact as we actually verify this by trying it ourselves. However, Britney Gallivan proved this to be a wrong premise as she successfully broke the seven mark barrier with the use of tweezers.
9. A free fall on an elevator can kill its occupants – Not true. One documented mishap is that of the airplane crash on the empire state building in 1945. The crash caused the elevator cable to snap that led to the free fall of one of its elevator from the 75th floor. The occupant survived the ordeal mainly because of the sufficient air pressure underneath the car that softened the fall.
10. Traces of 100 unique urine specimens are found in peanuts – Not true. There are several scientific studies conducted to verify such claim. Results showed that there is no scientific basis for such fantastic claim.
Have more facts turned myth? Share it with us..