THE SCIENTIST AND GOD


A scientist approaches God, and says to Him, "Look, God, we don't need you anymore.  Nowadays, we can do all sorts of things that used to be considered miraculous.  We can transplant organs, giving new life to a dying man, we can cure almost any disease, and we can even clone animals.  It won't be long, and we'll be able to clone humans, too.  So, I'm sorry, but you are just outdated".
     God listens patiently to the scientist and says, "I can see that you believe you don't need me, and I understand.  However, I love you, and I don't want to see you make a big mistake, so why don't we make sure?  I say we should have a man-making contest, just to be sure."
     The scientist replies, "I'll take that challenge". 
    So, God says, "Ok, let's do it the way I did it in the old days, with Adam and Eve".  The scientists says, "No problem", and reaches down to scoop up a handful of dirt.
     "Whoa, hold on there a minute", God says.  "You get your OWN dirt".

No comments:

Post a Comment